Write books. Write a lot of them, they say. It needs to be stuff that people are interested in. Oh, and you have to be interested in it to, otherwise, you won’t be able to convince anyone that your story is good. You have to believe in yourself, but cater to what everyone else wants.
Advertise. No, network. Social media makes this easy. But navigating social media is really hard. Don’t know how to do it? Well, you’d better learn.
Spread the word. “How? Stand on the rooftops and shout?” It seems like that’s what we’re coming to.
Get an editor. A good one. Everyone needs a good editor. “But I can’t afford one.” You have to be willing to make sacrifices.
Get a good artist for your cover. All right, you’ve got one. You should be all set now.
Haha, you thought this would be easy. No, you need to repeat the process now, and do it right. Nobody can make it as an author. No wait, it’s possible. Just for like 5% of writers out there.
Have a plan. Oh wait, the only plan out there is the one that worked for the 5% and didn’t work for the other 95%. By the way, there’s no road-map.
Where does that leave you?
And write. Just keep writing.
The struggle is real. Am I right?